Here’s another Sinigang recipe for you to try at home. The Knorr Sizzling Sinigang:
500 grams Beef Short ribs
10 shallots or baby red onions
12-15 cherry tomatoes
6 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
2 tsp. oil
2 Tbsp. butter
5 cups water
2 strings French beans
2 Knorr Beef Cubes
1 ½ Tbsp Knorr Sinigang Mix (add more if preferred)
2 tsp. soy sauce
1 ½ tsp. patis
2 tsp. Knorr Liquid Seasoning
2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
Roux: 3 Tbsp. butter + 3 Tbsp flour
- Sear the short ribs in oil and butter until brown. Transfer the beef in a pressure cooker and add water only to cover the meat. Cook for 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and liquid from pressure cooker.
- In a pot, add 6 cups of liquid from pressure cooker and combine with Knorr Sinigang Mix and Beef Cubes. Bring the mixture to a boil then simmer. Season with patis and soy sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- While sinigang broth is simmering, prepare the entire garnish. Deep fry shallots (unpeeled) and the garlic cloves (unpeeled) until crisp. Set aside.
- Fry tomatoes until skin cracks. Set aside
- Fry the chopped garlic until golden brown. Strain and set aside.
- Sauté the French beans for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare the roux- in a skillet, add butter, when melted, add the flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Use the roux to thicken the sinigang broth. Add the roux at a time to the broth while mixing with a whisk.
- Start plating. Add the beef, beans, tomatoes, garlic and shallots on your serving sizzling plate.
- Pour the sinigang broth on top of the plated dish top with garlic chips. Best served with cooked rice.